Saturday, January 24, 2015

I am here

Sometimes I feel like I need to pinch myself to assure myself that I'm not dreaming.  Or find one of those maps with the star marker that tells me definitively where I am.  I almost feel like I've been transported to another world.  Then I realize that it's not a dream; that this beautiful campus and beautiful city are a mere 800 miles away from home.  And despite feeling like a magical teleportation that brought me here, it was actually quite an ordeal.

Maybe it was the sleep deprivation, or the deep fog that rolled in on our way here that made the move feel so otherworldly, but now that I'm here, settled, and my car is (finally) running pretty well, Western Oregon University is starting to feel like home.




3 comments:

  1. You have some nice writing! It's hard to believe you're in college! Time goes by sooo quickly! Good luck in Oregon!
    Miss Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can think is how proud a dad can be over his marvelous daughter. Love you honey. Dad

    ReplyDelete