Sunday, February 8, 2015

The big surprise!

In my first post I mentioned briefly that on move-in day my brother and I were able to surprise my Aunt, Uncle and cousins.  The best part of the surprise?  We got to surprise them again and again!  Not knowing my uncle's church schedule, we thought we'd show up a little after 4.  Unfortunately, that's when they have choir practice, but my cousin Chad opened the door.  At first he looked at us with a very confused look on his face, kind of waiting for us to tell him who we are and why we were standing on his porch.  Finally it clicked and he welcomed us in to watch football.

After hanging out with Chad for a while, my uncle and two of my cousins got home.  Without much of a glance, my uncle said hi and began to tell us what dinner plans were.  Then my brother looked at him quite earnestly and said, "Uncle.  Come on."  At that point he dropped everything in his hands to hug my brother.



While that was going on my cousin Hannah began putting the pieces together and she hugged me.  Followed by Lili.  Then I made my way over to hug my uncle.



Joe, my brother, and I were settling in and getting pretty good at Fruit Ninja on the Kinect.  This is about when we were able to make our second surprise of the night!


Around dinner time my cousin Kimber, her husband Ray and their kids Ben and Freya arrived.  Kimber recognized us immediately and gave us hugs!  I still can't believe how much Ben has grown since the last time I saw him!

The last surprise came when my cousin back in Utah began Skype-ing her family back home.  Joe and I popped our faces into frame and she was pretty confused for a minute.  Kind of funny that I'm here while she's in Utah.

After all the surprising and catching up it was fun to feel myself so welcome in their home.  I'm starting to feel like I'm just one of the Monmouth Boyacks!



No comments:

Post a Comment